Venna Dining room
A luxury solution for the living room, the collection Louis white and gold includes dining room and living room. Characterised by finishing white over gold, the imposing dining table and the coordinated chairs are realized with particularly elaborated artisan shapes. The attention to the details and the elegance of the style make this collection a unique experience.
Importance of Classy Dining
Dining tables are considered to be the centre of any home, as they have multifunctional purposes that must be taken into account: people eat here, they have private conversations at the table, birthdays are celebrated at the dining table, the family organizes board games here and so on.
Do I really need a dining table?
Dining table. Like a sofa, a dining table is typically considered a household essential — but it doesn’t have to be. If you don’t mind sitting on the floor, a coffee table may suffice. In fact, in some cultures, a simple low table is the norm.
Sequel to our last article on transforming your kitchen into a more beautiful and functional space here are a few tips thats go a long way in solidifying your design concept.
- Fill it up. Tired of lugging water-filled pots from the sink to the cooktop? A swing-out tap — also called a pot-filler — installed near the cooktop fills pots near where you heat them. Or you can install an extra-long hose attachment on your main faucet to fill pots on the cooktop.
- Be sharp when storing knives. Hang knives on a magnetic strip tacked to the backsplash. This makes it easy to spot the right knife for a job and keeps dangerous items out of children’s reach.
- Make recycling easy. Equip a cabinet with separate containers for glass, plastic, and metal. A spare drawer could hold old newspapers.
- Think short. Put kids’ favorite dishes and snack foods on shelves they can reach.
- Add a message center. Establish a message center near the kitchen telephone. Put a bulletin board, chalkboard, or whiteboard on the wall, and store a calendar, notebook, and writing utensils in a nearby drawer.
- Plug it in. Install multiple outlets along the backsplash and on the island so you’ll have electricity wherever you need it.
- Cut cleaning time. Careful design decisions make cleaning easier. Glass refrigerator shelves catch spills that wire shelves let through. Flush-set or undermount sinks don’t have a crumb-catching rim to worry about. Matte finishes don’t show dirt as much as glossy ones do.
- Break up cabinetry blocks. Avoid boring, heavy blocks of doors and drawers by adding interesting details such as glass doors and display shelving. Or try wine storage or windows.
- Use light colors in a small kitchen. Dark color schemes shrink an already small space and make it less inviting. Use soft shades on kitchen cabinets and natural light to visually expand a small room.
- Find a focal point. Splashy tile, fancy floors, sizable range hoods, bright kitchen cabinets, and busy countertop patterns give the eye too much to look at. Pick one focal point in your kitchen design and complement that area with a few other quieter, eye-catching details.
Sequel to our previous post where we have highlighted some points to note in picking out attractive furniture for your living room. We’ve compiled some few final tips essential to making for living room furniture come together seamlessly.
Things to note are
- Coordinate your pieces. Each piece of furniture in your living room should complement the others. Otherwise, your room will look chaotic and thrown together. If you have an interior design theme, such as modern or traditional, stick with pieces that fit with your theme.
- Know your themes. There are a number of ways to divide up interior design themes, but the main ones often include modern, contemporary, traditional, casual, and Old World. Modern and contemporary furniture has sleek, clean lines and usually makes use of white, beige, or other neutral colors. Glass, metal, and shiny black lacquer are used more often than traditional woods. Traditional furniture is elegant. It tends to look a little more formal and may include details like rolled arms and skirted bottoms. Colors range from ivory to rich hues of red and other colors. Casual furniture is friendly and cozy. Many pieces make use of plaid, small prints, and other patterns. Old World furniture combines styles from French, Spanish, and Italian designs. Rustic, antique pieces are especially appropriate, and you should look for deep, earthy colors.
- Opt for a loveseat instead of a sofa if you have a smaller space. Loveseats typically provide seating for two individuals. If you have a small family or only intend to use the space for entertaining an occasional guest, a loveseat could save you space while providing you with as much as you need.
- Fill the room in with additional pieces as space allows. Chests, flat-top ottomans, and extra tables or seating can add a lot to a large living room, but too many of these pieces will crowd out a smaller space.
We hope this piece has been able to help you design and select pieces for a more attractive home. Don’t forget to follow us on social media @louisvalng. Facebook, twitter, and Instagram
Your living room is a very important space. It is here that your family spends the most time together and also where most of your guests will be entertained. Hence, choosing furniture that creates a pleasant, welcoming appearance as well as withstands the wear and tear of everyday life is paramount to designing a living room that is both attractive and functional.
You can start by Picking Pieces
- Start with the basics. Most living rooms contain a sofa, armchair, side table, and coffee table. Look for these basic elements before adding extra pieces such as ottomans and additional tables.
- Buy investment pieces. Look for solid furniture with sturdy wood frames and sinuous steel springs. High-quality pieces may cost a little more, but they tend to hold up better and last longer
- Look for high-quality, stain-resistant fabrics. Luxurious, high-quality materials will keep you feeling more comfortable and tend to last longer than cheaper fabrics. Stain-resistant fabrics are especially useful if you have young children, but they might still be a good idea even if you only plan on using the space for guests since spills and stains can happen to anyone.
- Look for cushions made of wrapped foam. Foam is comfortable and durable. Some cushions may be filled with down, but down usually breaks and wears quickly.
- Test the strength of the frame. Lift one leg of the piece about six inches (15 centimeters) off the floor. If the adjacent leg has not risen as well, the frame is too flexible and too flimsy.
More on this article in our next post, watch out for picking a living room furniture (part 2) on www.louisvalentino.net/blog
The bathroom is the most suitable destination to spend some private moments, pamper yourself, and freshen up after a tiring day, soak up to rejuvenation, gain relaxation and much more. Therefore, planning the bathroom interiors is equally important as any other part of the house. While the construction engineer takes full care of the hardness and waterproofing issues, you can take out some time to plan the design that occupies less space and offers supreme comfort. The notion about the large investment requirements for luxurious bathroom designs is not true. You can design exotic luxury bathroom within a limited budget employing some simple strategies and consulting an interior decor professional.
Factors Influencing Your Bathroom Interior Design
Space: The space inside the bathroom largely influences the design to choose, position of the sink, bathtub etc. The accessorizing and fixtures you choose should be done with consideration to the space availability to avoid cluttering.
Color Combination: The color of tiles, bathtub, counter-tops and sinks resemble the look to the premises. If the bathroom space is small, choose light shades so that it looks bigger and brighter.
Fixtures: The fixtures can be of different variations ranging from shower units, bathtub, mirrors and much more. Walk in shower cabinet with glass enclosures are perfect for small bathrooms where you need to avoid installing a bathtub. Some spacious luxurious bathrooms have a steam bath section, spa assortments etc.
Storage Units: Storage unit is a vital requirement to store extra clean towels, toiletry items, and essential items of use. For large bathrooms, cupboards or wall cabinets can be a great solution to store bulk items. For small bathrooms, some area of the walls can have small racks to keep at least the necessary items.
Lights: Lights are very important in the bathroom area. If the bathroom is small, you can keep one or two lights for proper vision. If the area is scattered over a vast space, separate lights for specific sections can be placed as per usage and convenience. Consult the interior designer to finalize the proper position of the lights for comfortable visibility.
Ventilation: Ventilation is the most important aspect for the bathroom considering the high-end moisture and sewage gas concentration. Some toilet cleaners generate toxic fumes that need an outlet so that the air inside the premises is fresh, odor-free and hygienic. You can keep large windows if the bathroom is in one of the sides of the house. This will also let in natural light keeping the area bright. Glass windows are largely preferable in this case.
Accessorizing: This is the final job fit for having several variations. Some non-fixture accessorizing items like bathroom sets can be replaced over the time. For the fixtures like showers, you can choose accessory sets that look nice and uniform. If you have deep shades on the wall tiles and floors, the accessories can be of light shades preferably white for a fabulous glimpse.
The new bathroom designing or a simple renovation project and inclusion of features and facilities will largely depend on the availability of space, budget and your requirements. Whether you have limited space or large area, there are fabulous ideas to make it the most beautiful place in the house. The luxurious bathroom is a precious possession, worth taking pride in as an owner.
Check out our bathroom fittings