Your living room is a very important space. It is here that your family spends the most time together and also where most of your guests will be entertained. Hence, choosing furniture that creates a pleasant, welcoming appearance as well as withstands the wear and tear of everyday life is paramount to designing a living room that is both attractive and functional.
You can start by Picking Pieces
- Start with the basics. Most living rooms contain a sofa, armchair, side table, and coffee table. Look for these basic elements before adding extra pieces such as ottomans and additional tables.
- Buy investment pieces. Look for solid furniture with sturdy wood frames and sinuous steel springs. High-quality pieces may cost a little more, but they tend to hold up better and last longer
- Look for high-quality, stain-resistant fabrics. Luxurious, high-quality materials will keep you feeling more comfortable and tend to last longer than cheaper fabrics. Stain-resistant fabrics are especially useful if you have young children, but they might still be a good idea even if you only plan on using the space for guests since spills and stains can happen to anyone.
- Look for cushions made of wrapped foam. Foam is comfortable and durable. Some cushions may be filled with down, but down usually breaks and wears quickly.
- Test the strength of the frame. Lift one leg of the piece about six inches (15 centimeters) off the floor. If the adjacent leg has not risen as well, the frame is too flexible and too flimsy.
More on this article in our next post, watch out for picking a living room furniture (part 2) on www.louisvalentino.net/blog
The bathroom is the most suitable destination to spend some private moments, pamper yourself, and freshen up after a tiring day, soak up to rejuvenation, gain relaxation and much more. Therefore, planning the bathroom interiors is equally important as any other part of the house. While the construction engineer takes full care of the hardness and waterproofing issues, you can take out some time to plan the design that occupies less space and offers supreme comfort. The notion about the large investment requirements for luxurious bathroom designs is not true. You can design exotic luxury bathroom within a limited budget employing some simple strategies and consulting an interior decor professional.
Factors Influencing Your Bathroom Interior Design
Space: The space inside the bathroom largely influences the design to choose, position of the sink, bathtub etc. The accessorizing and fixtures you choose should be done with consideration to the space availability to avoid cluttering.
Color Combination: The color of tiles, bathtub, counter-tops and sinks resemble the look to the premises. If the bathroom space is small, choose light shades so that it looks bigger and brighter.
Fixtures: The fixtures can be of different variations ranging from shower units, bathtub, mirrors and much more. Walk in shower cabinet with glass enclosures are perfect for small bathrooms where you need to avoid installing a bathtub. Some spacious luxurious bathrooms have a steam bath section, spa assortments etc.
Storage Units: Storage unit is a vital requirement to store extra clean towels, toiletry items, and essential items of use. For large bathrooms, cupboards or wall cabinets can be a great solution to store bulk items. For small bathrooms, some area of the walls can have small racks to keep at least the necessary items.
Lights: Lights are very important in the bathroom area. If the bathroom is small, you can keep one or two lights for proper vision. If the area is scattered over a vast space, separate lights for specific sections can be placed as per usage and convenience. Consult the interior designer to finalize the proper position of the lights for comfortable visibility.
Ventilation: Ventilation is the most important aspect for the bathroom considering the high-end moisture and sewage gas concentration. Some toilet cleaners generate toxic fumes that need an outlet so that the air inside the premises is fresh, odor-free and hygienic. You can keep large windows if the bathroom is in one of the sides of the house. This will also let in natural light keeping the area bright. Glass windows are largely preferable in this case.
Accessorizing: This is the final job fit for having several variations. Some non-fixture accessorizing items like bathroom sets can be replaced over the time. For the fixtures like showers, you can choose accessory sets that look nice and uniform. If you have deep shades on the wall tiles and floors, the accessories can be of light shades preferably white for a fabulous glimpse.
The new bathroom designing or a simple renovation project and inclusion of features and facilities will largely depend on the availability of space, budget and your requirements. Whether you have limited space or large area, there are fabulous ideas to make it the most beautiful place in the house. The luxurious bathroom is a precious possession, worth taking pride in as an owner.
Check out our bathroom fittings