Today, the setting of the dining table is no longer seen as an essential skill or mandatory knowledge at home anymore. This could be attributed to the fact that the world as they say is a global village i.e. everyone is busy and moving fast. This skill could also come in handy when hosting family dinner or having guests for the holidays? Improve your party hosting skills with three quick and easy ways to create a proper table setting.
Louis Valentino would be walking our guest on basic training in table settings. While we do that, we would also want to state the types of table settings, popularly known;
- Basic Table settings
- Informal Table settings
- Formal Table settings
Today, the tip would be focused on the basic table settings;
If you’re getting things ready for family dinner or having guests for the holidays, you might want to know how to set a table properly. For casual events, one needs just a basic table setting: cutlery (fork, knife, and spoon), a dinner plate, a water glass, and a napkin.
Basic Table Setting Instructions
- Put the dinner plate on the table.
- Lay the napkin to the left of the plate.
- Place the fork on the napkin.
- To the right of the plate, place the knife closest to the plate, blade pointing in. Place the spoon to the right of the knife. (Note: The bottoms of the utensils and the plate should all be level.)
- Place the water glass slightly above the plate, in between the plate and the utensils.
Visit Louis Valentino Today for this family dining.